Word of Life International Church – 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting
January 2nd-22nd, 2017 – The church will be open Monday through Friday from 6:00 to 7:00 AM for daily devotions and prayer during this time. You can also join through the livestream located above.
Word of Life would like you to join us in the month of January as we set aside a season for prayer and fasting. We will seek God together and believe Him for breakthroughs in our lives, our church, our region, our nation and the world!
During this time, we commit 21 days to seeking God’s favor on our lives, our relationships, our families, and our church. With so much happening at Word of Life, we know it is vital to keep God at the center of everything we do. You never go wrong when you determine to seek the Lord and go DEEPER in your relationship with Him.
The goal of fasting is to draw nearer to God. Biblical fasting always has to do with eliminating distractions for a spiritual purpose; it hits the reset button of our soul and renews us from the inside out.
Remember, your personal fast should present a level of challenge, but it is very important to know your own body, know your options, and most importantly, seek God in prayer and follow what the Holy Spirit leads you to do. There are several types of fasts. How you choose to fast is between you and the Lord.
How Does It Work?
- Start by choosing the fast that is right for you. If your health prevents you from fasting food, please consider the media fast option.
- Remember this is supposed to be a sacrifice and commitment. Fast something that will require you to commit to the 21 Days!
- During the fast you should spend extra amounts of time in prayer. While in prayer, listen for God’s voice.
Types of Fasts:
Complete Fast – This fast calls for drinking only liquids, typically water with light juices as an option.
Selective Fast – This type of fast involves removing certain elements from a diet. One example of a selective fast is the Daniel Fast, during which you remove meat, sweets, or bread from your diet and consume water and juice for fluids, and fruits and vegetables for food.
Partial Fast – This fast is sometimes called the Jewish Fast and involves abstaining from eating any types of food in the morning and afternoon. This can either correlate to specific times of the day, such as 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, or from sunup to sundown.
Media Fast – This fast is common for those who do not have much experience fasting foods, who have health issues that prevent the fasting of food, or who wish to refocus certain areas of their life that are out of balance. For instance, someone might select to abstain from using social media, or watching television, for the duration of the fast—and then choose how to carefully bring that element back into their life in an orderly fashion.
During this season of prayer and fasting, we are seeking the Lord in these areas:
- Believing God for answered prayer for our specific needs.
- Land and building for Word of Life
- Word of Life Lucketts launch.
- Connect Groups at Word of Life to be life changing for everyone.
- Spiritual and numerical growth of Word of Life. Increase in salvations, water baptisms and Holy Spirit baptisms. We want to see in an increase in healings in 2017. God to move powerfully in our church.
- Declaring our dependence on God in every area of our lives.
- Asking for forgiveness for our sins and the sins of our land.
- Praying for the completion of the Great Commission.
- Inviting the Presence of God to move in a greater way at Word of Life and our individual lives.
- Crying out to God for revival in our generation.